I'LL BE BACK Man City boss Pep Guardiola confirms he will return to Barcelona ‘sooner or later’

I'LL BE BACK Man City boss Pep Guardiola confirms he will return to Barcelona ‘sooner or later’


PEP GUARDIOLA has admitted he will return to Barcelona one day as he enters the final two years of his Manchester City contract.
The Catalan tactician began his coaching career at the Nou Camp before his spells with Bayern Munich and the Citizens.

And he is keen to return to his homeland to live – but ruled out taking the Barca presidency.

Guardiola, 48, said: “I will return to Barcelona sooner or later. But as president, forget about it.
“To be president, you have to know [what you’re doing] and be prepared – to have knowledge that I don’t have.

“I’m trying to be a good coach – that hasn’t gone too badly in this decade. I will return to Barcelona to live, sooner or later.”

Guardiola has been tipped to take another sabbatical after his City deal runs out in 2021.

And David Silva has told his boss this will be his final campaign at Manchester City.

The Spanish veteran, 33, admitted: “This season will be my last one — ten years is enough.

“Initially they were talking about two more years but I decided to sign another one so I finished at ten years.

“It is the perfect time for me. It completes the cycle. It’s a nice round figure.”