Jesus speaks on leaving Man City with Aguero

Jesus speaks on leaving Man City with Aguero


Manchester City striker, Gabriel Jesus, has dismissed reports linking him and fellow teammate, Sergio Aguero with a move away from the club this summer’s transfer window.

Jesus has been heavily linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain to replace Kylian Mbappe this summer, while Aguero has been linked with a move to return to Independiente in his native Argentina.

However, speaking after Brazil’s Copa America 3-0 victory over Bolivia on Saturday, Jesus stated that it was ‘out of the question’ that both he and Aguero will leave Etihad this summer.

Jesus told Daily Mail: “I think it’s out of the question that Aguero leaves and me too.

“[Aguero] is a legend at the club – he’s the top scorer [of all time].

“Obviously as a player I always want to play, but I’m happy to help and I respect Sergio.”

“It was a very important final, the last game of the season and I was happy to be able to score in such an important fixture,” the 22-year-old Brazilian added.