Nigerian forward leaves Liverpool

Nigerian forward leaves Liverpool 
Liverpool winger, Sheyi Ojo, has joined Rangers on a season-long loan.

Ojo spent last season on loan at Stade Reims in France, before signing a new five-year deal with the European champions.

The 21-year-old arrived at the Ibrox club’s training centre on Monday and Steven Gerrard’s fifth summer signing after Steven Davis, Jordan Jones, Jake Hastie and Greg Stewart.

“The last 18 months to two years I’ve not had that consistent opportunity.

“When I heard Rangers were involved I spoke to my representatives, the gaffer and Steven Gerrard. I believed this was the right destination for me.

“With Rangers this season it is to play how I’ve always played, freely and just enjoy my football,” the Nigerian-born forward told Rangers TV.

Ojo’s move is subject to international clearance.