Ashanti teams with PrettyLittle Thing on swimwear collection...view more

Ashanti teams with PrettyLittle Thing on swimwear collection...View Now.

Ashanti has partnered with PrettyLittleThing on a brand-new swimwear collection.The Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter has worked alongside designers at the U.K.-based fashion retailer and her sister Kenashia 

"Shia" Douglas for the past three months to come up with the 74-piece line, with the range available to buy online from 1 July.
Regarding the inspiration behind the pieces, Ashanti explained that she was influenced by carnival vibes, tribal prints and her own heritage.

"I love when things are organic, lots of people know that I travel around the world and I'm an island girl at heart, infatuated with the Caribbean," the 38-year-old commented.


"So, from the South of France to Trinidad, Jamaica, Dubai, Africa, Nigeria, Madrid, Malta, Bali, Singapore, Turks and Caicos, Antigua, Puerto Rico, Tokyo to name a few, I wanted to make sure my line represents a tropical global experience.

Whether it's on a yacht, hitting the jet skis, laying by the pool or soaking up the sun on the beach I'm always looking for the best swimsuits." The PrettyLittleThing x Ashanti collection features snake skin print bikinis, cut out swimsuits made from neon and metallic fabrics, matching cover ups and one shoulder numbers which are paired with jungle print beach chaps.

Looks can be paired with belt body chains or delicate tassel jewellery, and Shia couldn't be more thrilled with the final result.
"Coming from a background in design and fashion I know the importance of duality.


Swimsuit looks with interchangeable outer wear was very important to me," she shared.

"I thought about all the unique personalities of women - I thought of girl trips! Women like to vacation together so I wanted to provide different prints in different patterns so there is a variety.

I also felt it was important to have swimsuits paired with looks you can wear out on the street, interchangeable pieces was the goal." PrettyLittleThing x Ashanti pieces are available in U.S.
sizes 1 - 20 (U.K.
4 - 24) and are priced from $10 - $63 (£8 - £50).